Back to all posts
- On Feb. 13 we had our Love Celebration in the gym which was led by our Gr. 8 classes and Kindergarten.
- We had our Ash Wednesday Celebration today in our gymnasium. Also during Lent we will be having a celebration on March 22 and our Holy Thursday Celebration on April 18 in the gymnasium.
- We have 8 students who will be receiving the sacrament of baptism this year.
Safe & Caring
- Our Leadership team presented to the entire school on the reason for Pink Shirt Day.
- The PreK and Gr. 9 classes paired up to complete a Selfie Scavenger Hunt around the school!
- Big Brothers and Sisters are coming in this month for Go Girls and Game On for boys. It promotes a health and active lifestyle. Focused on Physical Activity, healthy eating, self esteem and communication skills.
- This month we are focussing on numeracy and literacy. Staff will be digging deep into the curriculum and developing our Big Rocks for each grade.
- Teachers will also be attending Teacher’s Convention on March 14&15.
- The Teacher Quality Standards have been revised and as a staff we will be looking at this document.
First Nation, Metis, and Inuit
- We focussed on the Sacred Teaching of Love for February. We also linked the Sacred Teaching of Love (Eagle) to Pink Shirt Day. March’s focus will be on Wisdom.
- All of our staff participated in a Talking Circle and will be making Talking Sticks so they can bring the practice of a Talking Circle into their classrooms. The FNMI team will be facilitating whole class Talking Circles on March 27 & 28.
- Term 2 is complete on March 13. PowerSchool will be up to date and all comments and marks will be in for term 2.
- Any parents having difficulty getting onto PowerSchool or finding marks/comments please call the office for support.
- Thanks to all of the parents who helped cook, serve, and clean during Shrove Tuesday.
- We are hiring another teacher for Term 3. This is a LIFT position that will support our students in all grades.
- Parent Teacher Interviews on are March 27&28 from 4:30-7:30pm. PreK and K will be set by appointment. Gr.1-5 will be student led conferences on both nights. Gr. 6-9 will have a sign up for the first night and drop in for the second night.
- Basketball is wrapping up and our teams have done an amazing job of representing the school. We are also hosting the end of year Gr. 5 tournament on March 12.
- Gr. 4&7 parents will be completing a Scholie Survey. This survey is from the division and gives us feedback about Faith in the division.